Practical CAD for Professional Jewelers
Using Matrix® as an example, Joel McFadden will cover both design and business techniques for incorporating CAD in a modern jeweler’s business.
- Demonstrate CAD from beginning of a model to the finished product
- Simplify the design process by
- Avoiding Boolean Operations
- Making setting as easy as possible
- Optimizing CAD designs for finishing castings faster, hand engraving, and producing organic jewelry with hand-made qualities
- Discuss business concerns confronting jewelers including
- Selling and pricing CAD
- Generating renders using depth of field for marketing and presentations
- Evaluating different growers and mills
Date: August 26-27, 2017 (Saturday and Sunday, full days)
Registration fee: $300 per person
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Students are encouraged, but not required, to bring laptops with their own CAD software to the class to enhance their learning experience.